COMPETITION – AN ARTIST’S VIEW
As Settle Hydro celebrates its 10th birthday, you are invited to submit a piece of artwork celebrating the first decade and looking to a green future.
The judges will be looking for the winning entry to depict the role of Settle Hydro in harnessing the river to provide clean hydro-electric power as a renewable community energy resource combatting climate change. At the same time, it should portray the place of the Hydro within the community and celebrate the heritage of its home in Bridge End Mill.
All the entries will be displayed at an Open Day at the Hydro and an autumn exhibition about the Hydro at The Folly commencing Saturday 14th September.
Should you win the competition, subject to planning permission, your piece will be enlarged to 3.2m x 0.8m, digitally printed and installed externally as a permanent artwork on the sluice gate casing at the hydro. You will also be awarded a membership share of Settle Hydro Ltd (worth £250).
The winning piece will also be used as a new header for The Settle Hydro website header, with information about you and your work along with a link to your website if you have one.
Competition closes Wednesday 11th September at 5.30pm.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Please submit your original artwork to 40cm x 10cm landscape dimensions
- Any medium can be used, provided the artwork is 2 dimensional, flat and suitable for scanning on a flatbed scanner. 3 dimensional collages will not be viable.
- Artwork should be mounted on A3, white cardboard
- If possible, please also supply a high-resolution JPEG (at least 300dpi) or PDF file
- You may submit up to 5 entries
- Artwork and entry forms should be delivered to: Settle Hydro Artwork Competition, 4 Halsteads Cottages, Settle, BD23 9QJ
- Please also include the following details:
- Your full name
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Your website (if applicable)
- Your home or studio address
- The name of your artwork
Entry Guidelines and Submission Form